Sweet Potato and Teff Muffins
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, boiled and mashed.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 TBS maple syrup
- 2 ea large eggs, beaten
- 5 TBS coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup whole grain teff
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans
- 2 TBS maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Prepare your muffin tins by spraying them with vegetable oil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix mashed sweet potatoes, sugar, 1 TBS maple syrup, eggs, and melted coconut oil until well combined.
- Add whole-grain teff and mix until uniform.
- in a separate small bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and Kosher salt and add to the sweet potato mixture and mix until combined.
- in another small bowl, add crushed pecans and 2 TBS maple syrup. mix until pecans are thoroughly coated.
- Scoop muffin batter into the prepared muffin tins filling each muffin cup about 2/3 full.
- Top each muffin with coated pecan mixture before placing them in the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool.